What is ThermiVa:
ThermiVa is an in-office, non-surgical procedure for labia and vaginal tightening. A radio frequency generator, made by Thermi Aesthetics powers a “S” shaped hand piece that tightens external and internal vulvovaginal tissue via a thermistor tip which is able to control heat delivered. The tip has gentle curves that provide comfort.
1. Vaginal Laxity: this will tighten the vagina at the opening and the full length of the vagina that is noticeable to patient and partner.
2. Vulvar/Labial Laxity: this will tighten the labial tissues and reduce sag and “Camel Toes.” It results in softer and smoother skin that is very noticeable. More comfort in tight clothing, less self awareness in leotards and bikinis.
3. Vaginal/Vulvar Dryness or Atrophic Vaginitis: this will add softer and thicker skin and more moisture both internally and externally to make daily life and sexual intercourse more comfortable without the use of hormones.
4. Mild to Moderate Stress Incontinence: this will reduce accidents and leakage and may reduce urge symptoms. Along with Kegel Exercises women may avoid the use of mesh slings in their vaginas.
5. Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction: may result in increased sensitivity, more coordinated and stronger muscular contractions, and ability to achieve orgasms in a shorter time period.
Benefits of Thermiva
- 15-30 minute in-office procedure
- No prep needed, a true “Lunchtime” procedureTreats Both loose labia majora and vagina in 30 minutes
- Competitors can treat labia only or vagina only but NOT BOTH
- Promotes tightening of vulvovaginal tissues
- Promotes new collagen to form
- Tighter skinSofter and smoother skin
- Patient Controlled Heat (No known blisters or burn)
- Temperature controlled handpiece set to the comfort level of patient
- Very comfortable warmth, little to no pain
- Thin and gently curved handpiece
- No lasers! No stinging! No discharge!
- No Downtime/Recovery or delay in sexual activity
- No Discharge/Odor
- No anesthesia, no shots, no numbing creams
- Non Surgical
- Single use handpiece (no transmission/infection risk)
- Very affordable
- Can be done 6 weeks after delivery and between pregnancies
- Helps in Atrophic Vulvovaginitis (dryness of the labia and vagina)
- Increased vaginal moisture and comfort (before, during, after sex)
- Reduced labial irritation
- Helps reduce leaky bladder
- Reduction in leaking with activity
- Reduction in urgency symptoms
- Improvement of muscular coordination and strength of squeeze
- May aid in orgasmic dysfunction (Clitoral and G-Spot treatment very safe)
- Treatment effects last 9-12 months
- Maintenance treatments only once to twice a year